*Summer-ready with La Roche-Posay and Vichy

17. avgust 2015

Hello my darlings! I'm back after a really long hiatus... hopefully this time I'll stay a bit longer. :) I'm currently 37 weeks pregnant and living in my own happy bubble. I had so much things to do and so much to prepare that I really couldn't find the time (or the will) to sit down and write a few blog posts. Since my baby could be arriving any day now I'll try to write a bunch of posts at a time and schedule them in advance - so you'll always have something to read. ;)

Anyhew... even though it's nice and cold outside at the moment, I'm pretty sure we haven't seen the last of summer or at least we haven't seen the last of sunny weather, so it won't hurt if we talk a bit about sun protection. I've been sent a bunch (and I do mean a bunch!) of awesome products from Vichy and La Roche-Posay and it would be a shame if I didn't introduce them to you. :)




All of the products I received had an SPF of at least 30 if not 50, which I was really happy about. I think it's quite silly when people go to the beach to sunbathe and apply something with an SPF of 10 or 15 and think they won't get burned. You won't believe it but I was actually made fun of when I was using these high SPF products on me and my husband - something along the lines of why do we need them, we're not babies or small children. Apparently only those two groups need high sun protection. :S People say they understand the negative side effects of sun exposure and sun damage, but they really don't and most will still do anything just to get a bit of a tan.



Anthelios XL Cream (bottom) and Fluid (top)


I was sent three products from La Roche-Posay, including one for babies... the team from Luna TBWA are so considerate - they knew I was pregnant and already sent me something for my little one. I obviously can't say much about this product yet because I haven't even opened it (I'm saving it for when my little guy comes and I'll actually be able to use it on him). :) The other two though, I tested thoroughly. The Anthelios XL fluid was actually sent to me last summer but since I haven't used it up I decided to put it in this post and also compare it to the cream.

Both the fluid and the cream feel really nice on the skin and neither one caused me any clogged pores or breakouts. If I would have to choose between them I'd probably go for the fluid just because I prefer the lightness of it - you can barely feel it on your face after application, whilst the cream is a bit more heavy. Both are also scent free (or at least I don't smell anything noticeable) and I think they would work great even for more sensitive skin.





I also got some great products from Vichy - Super Foam for kids with an SPF of 50 and a Gel-fluid with an SPF of 30 for the face. The foam was something I got really excited (I guess I still am a kid at heart). It comes out of the can as a really thick, slightly red-orangy foam that smells of strawberries - now who wouldn't like that? :) It does leave a slight tint on the skin when you're applying it but it doesn't seem to transfer on your clothes (at least not that I noticed). After application you may feel tacky for a bit but the feeling goes away quite quickly. I think it's a wonderful product for kids but it's also super fun for adults (or at least that's how my husband and I feel). :)

The Gel-fluid for your face is just that - a gel-fluid. It has a lovely, light consistency that spreads beautifully over the skin and feels really light. I can't say anything about the bronzing part as I haven't noticed any but that's not why I use these products in the first place. I'm actually really happy with my healthy, fair complexion.




And last but definitely not least (I can't believe I forgot to take a picture of this product) is the Tan optimizing hydrating spray with an SPF 30. This was actually my favorite product out of all that I received. In fact we used it up when we went on a short holiday so that's why I don't have a picture of it. :) It has an awesome packaging with a very unique open/close mechanism and most importantly it's a spray which means it's super easy to apply and pretty much fuss-free. :)


I have to say I was thoroughly impressed with every single product and I would definitely recommend them. You can get them at your local pharmacy and if none of these products tickle your fancy, check out all the other ones they have to offer - you're sure to find something for yourself.

Ni komentarjev:

Objavite komentar