Product comparison: Benefit Hoola vs. Too Faced Chocolate Soleil

29. oktober 2015

Hello darlings! Quite some time ago I asked my readers for some feedback and a lot of them (a lot of you) expressed a wish for more product comparison posts - drugstore vs. high-end, similar products, dupes and so on. Whilst I probably won't do much drugstore vs. high-end posts (since I'm a snob and mostly buy high-end makeup) or dupes (since my makeup collection really isn't that vast), I can certainly compare similar products for you and maybe help you decide which ones to get. To start this series of I decided to compare two similar bronzers that are very well known and loved by many. :)




Benefit Hoola - Comes in a cardboard box that doesn't just look cute but also feels pretty secure and sturdy. It has a tiny mirror inside which is usable, I guess. You also get a small brush with it and again, it's usable but I prefer to use a normal, full-size bronzer brush. :) 

The shade of this bronzer is a true warm brown without any orange peeking through (man do I hate orange bronzers with a passion). It's great for warming up the skin or for contouring but if you're really pale it might be a tad too dark for you. Fortunately it is very blendable and I think almost any girl could get it to work for her. You really need just a small amount of it so don't even think about swirling your brush around and applying it directly to your face. :) All in all, a gorgeous bronzer.

Price tag: around 33€ for 8g (lookfantastic.com)


Hoola on the left and Chocolate Soleil on the right


Too Faced Chocolate Soleil (in Milk Chocolate) - This bronzer comes in a normal compact. The new packaging is golden and a bit less well made, the older packaging was much, much better and looked better as well, but this one also works. :) It also has a lovely, functional mirror inside.

The shade of this bronzer is quite a bit lighter than Hoola and much more on the cooler side and that's precisely the reason why I prefer it. It just works much better for my pale complexion and ends up looking much more natural. I don't have to be too careful when applying and it's also super blendable. The make or brake with this bronzer is probably it's scent - it has a wonderful chocolate scent to it that will be a plus for some and a huge minus for others. I personally love the scent and it makes me want to use it even more. :) 

Price tag: around 32€ for 10g (beautybay.com)


6 komentarjev:

  1. Really helpful review! I've been getting more and more into makeup over the last year and have decided I'd like to invest in a high-end bronzer, as most of my other products (foundation, eyes all that jazz) are high end and great quality, but my Maybelline Fit Me bronzer just seems to bring down my entire 'face' or 'look'. Honestly, I think I'll get both of these bronzers in the end (I look ghostly white during winter but over summer I get a really nice natural golden tan), so I think I'll grab Hoola now for summer and pick up Too Faced Choc Soleil as a birthday gift to myself!

    xx

    www.chontellelouise.blogspot.com

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Thanks, glad I could help! :D Both bronzers are amazing, I think you'll love them!

      Izbriši
  2. I'm on the lighter side but warm toned, would the milk chocolate still work for me as you described it as a cooler shade?

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Yes, it's cooler than most bronzers but I don't think it would clash with your tone... if you're fair/light it should work for you! ;)

      Izbriši
  3. Super objava. Meni so Too Faced bronzerji zakon. :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Res je! Sem že fino 'zagrebla' dno mojega Milk Chocolate in me kar zvije, ko pomislim, da ga bo zmanjkalo. :) Škoda, ker ni Too Faced več tako dostopen...

      Izbriši