Zoeva Cocoa Blend eyeshadow palette

16. junij 2015

Hello my darlings! Boy, have I got an exciting review for you today! It has been just too long since I bought myself a new eyeshadow palette and I was determined to rectify that this month. I was seriously contemplating on getting the Too Faced Semi-sweet palette (baby sister to the Chocolate Bar palette) but it was a bit out of my budget with all the shipping and import costs, so when Zoeva came out with their new Cocoa Blend palette I decided to grab it and try a different 'version' of a chocolate bar inspired palette. :)



I haven't tried anything from Zoeva before but I did have a chance to swatch two palettes from them and was really impressed with the quality of the eyeshadows. That, combined with a great review from Beauty Palmira (and awesome swatches of course), made me want to get it really badly... So, I waited patiently for the release date to come (and watched/read many more reviews on it in the mean time) and as soon as it was available on their site, I threw it in my virtual shopping bag. :)

First of all, let's talk about the packaging - beautiful, sleek and very secure. I love the size of the whole thing and the size/shape/position of all the shades in it. I love the shade names and I'm really happy they're written on the palette. The eyeshadows themselves are absolutely stunning and of great quality - I would almost dare compare them to Urban Decay or Too Faced eyeshadows (and that's a lot coming from an eyeshadow snob like me). You get a range of finishes - from matte, to satin, to shimmery and even metallic and not one shade is poor. :)


L to R: Bitter Start, Sweeter End, Warm Notes, Subtle Blend and Beans are White

L to R: Pure Ganache, Substitute for Love, Freshly Toasted, Infusion and Delicate Acidity

Now... I personally feel like this is a really well put together palette with some really interesting shades but most of them are dupable. The whole palette is definitely on the warmer side and a certain color scheme can be visible throughout it (gold, black-grey, reddish tones - you get what I mean). Still, I feel like this can be a super versatile palette and you really can create many different and exciting looks with it (I already have two looks ready for you and will be creating more as I get inspired). :)

My absolute favorite shades are Warm Notes, Freshly Toasted, Infusion and Delicate Acidity, but I love all of them. :) Substitute for Love is a great transition shade and really reminds of Salted Caramel from Too Faced's Chocolate Bar. Bitter Start is a beautiful highlight and Beans are White is great to smoke up/deepen a look or be used as an eyeliner.


All in all I'm super happy with this palette and would highly recommend it! You can get it from Zoeva's site for a mere 17.50 € (plus shipping), which is a total bargain. :)


7 komentarjev:

  1. Res je polna krasnih odtenkov :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  2. Vsekakor zanimivi odtenki. Sem vedno mislila, da so Zoeva palete dražje:).

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. No, skupaj s poštnino je nanesla 25 €, ampak za moje pojme je še vedno zelo ugodna... :D

      Izbriši
  3. Sami čudoviti odtenki, si jo zdaj že nekaj časa ogledujem... Sama imam Smoky paletko in mi je nora, dejansko jo preferiram kot Naked - se mi zdi da ima boljšo tako pigmentacijo kot obstojnost, da o razlikah v ceni sploh ne govorim :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Jaz sicer opazim razliko v kvaliteti med Urban Decay/Too Faced senčkami in temi od Zoeve - vseeno bi rekla, da je Zoeva v malenkost nižjem rangu (ampak spet odvisno od posameznega odtenka), se pa definitivno kosa s 'high-end' paletami in sploh za to ceno, se ni za pritoževat. :)

      Izbriši