NOTW: Spin the bottle

19. maj 2014


Hello darlings! Today I have another manicure for you (and a couple more nail polish related posts will be coming up on the blog soon). :) I got this beautiful nail polish because of Sanja (Sparkle with laughter). I was actually looking at this shade when I was making an order on BeautyBay, but when I Googled swatches of it, they all seemed a bit... well boring (I guess I didn't look at the right ones). So, I let this one go and ordered Fashion Playground and Cocktails & Coconuts instead (which are beautiful as well, so no regrets there). But a while ago, Sanja posted a manicure with this gorgeous fella on her Instagram account and I fell in love with it. I think I ran to the nearest drugstore the next day or so. :)

Spin the bottle is an amazing pink-nude shade and I have nothing like it in my collection - Essie's Fiji is way more pink, Cocktails & Coconuts is more brown, Ciate's Cookies and Cream is also on the brown-nude side, so this is really unique. It's like you're wearing a pair of nude Louboutins on your nails. :)

I did have a bit of trouble with application so I needed 3 coats to even everything out. It might not be the formula or the brush (even though I seem to prefer the thinner brushes that come with 'American' Essie's), it might be that I just had a hard time with application or applied too much nail polish at once, but the nail polish was a bit streaky here and there and there were air bubbles trapped in some places. I'll let you know my final thoughts when I'll paint my nails with it again. :)



Essie Grow Richer (base coat)
Essie Spin the bottle (3 coats)
Ciate Speed Coat (top coat)







So, what are your thoughts on this nail polish/manicure? Do you like to wear nude nail polish? :)


6 komentarjev:

  1. Ponavadi mi niso tako všeč nude odtenki, ampak tale izgleda prečudovit :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  2. v trgovini, ko sem ga vidla me ni prepričala barva. Sam na tvojih nohtih zgleda super :)) zdei, ko mam bon u dm, ga bm mogoče kupila

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Meni je res čudovit odtenek, ampak sem ga tudi sama najprej preskočila, dokler ga nisem videla na Sanjinih nohtih. :D

      Izbriši