Clarins Pure Melt cleansing gel

26. junij 2014


Hello lovelies! Today I have a skin care treat to show you - Clarins' Pure Melt cleansing gel. Now doesn't that just sound amazing? Well it doesn't just sound, it IS amazing!

I'm probably a little (a lot) late to jump on the bandwagon for this product, but hey, I was (still am) a die hard fan of Liz Earle's skin care, particularly the Cleanse&Polish and it was pretty hard for me to venture out of my comfort zone and decide to try out yet another cleanser/makeup remover (I was just mostly disappointed with everything else I tried and didn't work nearly as well as C&P). This baby however, exceeded my expectations and has become one of my favorite skin care products in no time. :)







I would almost dare to say this cleanser/cleansing gel works just as good as Cleanse&Polish, but they are so very different, it's pretty unfair to try and say this one is better than the other. I love both of them for different reasons, so it really comes down to personal preferences and of course how your skin reacts to each one. Compared to Cleanse&Polish (which is a cream cleanser), this is a gel that turns into an oil when you massage it into your skin and emulsifies when you add water to it (as I've hopefully demonstrated well enough in the pictures bellow). And that's precisely what makes me love both of them - sometimes I want to use Cleanse&Polish when I need a bit more of the 'polishing part' and other times I just prefer the ease of simply rinsing a cleanser off my skin, without having to use a muslin/wash cloth.

Pure Melt cleansing gel removes makeup with ease and just as well as Cleanse&Polish - the only 'part' where C&P does better is my eyes - since I use a muslin cloth to remove it, I can really get into every 'nook and cranny' in my eyes and remove every single trace of makeup, whereas with the Pure Melt gel, I sometimes have to go 'in' with a washcloth or just try to get everything off when I'm drying my face with a towel (I hope you get what I'm trying to say). 

The Pure Melt gel feels amazing on the skin and smells amazing as well (though the scent might bother some people, because it is quite strong). I use about the amount you see in the picture bellow (maybe a bit more) for my entire face.






As far as the price goes - it varies on where you buy it, I got it in Anabella (City Park) when Clarins was 20% off so I got it for 22 €, that means the full price would be around 27 €. It is quite a pricy cleanser but I think it's totally worth the money and it will last you quite a long time since you don't need to use a lot of it.

So, what are your thoughts on this cleanser/makeup remover - have you tried it, do you like it?


2 komentarja:

  1. Joj, Maja :D A veš, da skoraj nisem hotela prebrat ocene, ker se mi je zdelo, da boš navdušena in sama se že tako dolgo komaj držim stran od njega :D I need to save money, I need to save money ;)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Haha... you can't run and you can't hide from it. :D Ne, ful je dober, res, rabiš ga.

      Izbriši