Urban Decay Revolution lipstick

7. november 2013


Hello again my lovelies! Today's day 3 and the final day of 'Urban Decay week' on my blog. Now, don't you worry... I'm sure I'll be getting some more Urban Decay stuff in no time. :) So, today I'll be talking about the new Revolution lipsticks - there has been a lot of buzz about these lipsticks in the blogger world, so you might have seen them already or they might be something totally new for you, either way I'm going to write this review for you. :)





I have this lipstick in two shades - Naked and Fiend, and I'm pretty sure I won't be stopping here. I have at least two more shades on my wishlist. :) The first one I got was Naked (being in love with all 'Naked things' from Urban Decay) and then I decided to get Fiend as well (which was sold out for some time). When I finally got Fiend, I was a bit disappointed/worried, because it looked pretty similar to Naked, at least in the bullet. But when I finally swatched it and tired it on my lips, I was more than happy with it. :)

Naked is a bit on the sheer side, though still very creamy and opaque. I would describe the color as a pink nude or a pink with some brown/beige in it. A lovely, everyday color. Fiend, on the other hand is very opaque - one swipe and you're done. It's a also a gorgeous shade, it's described as a muted rose, very pretty indeed. :) I love both of them!






Let's talk about the packaging shall we? :) This lipstick has some seriously gorgeous packaging that looks and feels very luxurious (it's actually pretty heavy for a lipstick). The metal packaging is a gunmetal color on the outside and a deep purple on the inside. The lipsticks winds up and down very nicely, the cap goes on and off very tightly so there's no hazard of it coming loose and opening in your purse.

The lipstick itself has no scent, is very opaque and creamy so it feels wonderful on the lips. Now, as expected from lipsticks that are very creamy and comfortable, this is not a long-lasting lipstick in any way. I would say it stays on my lips for about 2 hours without eating/drinking. But, I'm really not that fussy about replying my lipstick - I rather do that, than wear an uncomfortable long-lasting lipstick.

All in all I'm very happy with these lipsticks and will definitely be getting more shades in the future. I got both on BeautyBay.com for 17.70 €.


And here's how they both look on my lips... :)












So what do you think? Which shades would you like to own? :)


12 komentarjev:

  1. Naked je res lepa. Spominja me na Macovo Creme Cup :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Res je lepa, trenutno je moja 'go-to' šminka. :D

      Izbriši
  2. Ne, ne, ne :D Must stay focused :)
    Obe sta krasne, Fiend je definitivno na vrhu moje WL :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Hahaha... Ja, z obema sem res zadovoljna, zelo lepi sta. :) Imam pa namen kupiti še Turn on in še kateri drug odtenek...

      Izbriši
  3. Luštne sta, ampak mam že podobne + tako svetle poredko nosim, tako, da nimam potrebe po kupovanju teh odtenkov :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Jaz se pa ravno temnih ne morem pripravit nosit... ampak bom vztrajala. :D

      Izbriši
  4. Both look lovely on you. :)
    I love the packaging. It looks classy and expensive. I'm hoping to get my hands on Fiend soon!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Thank you! :D
      Yeah, it's has a really luxurious feel to it. :)

      Izbriši