See you soon... (aka my fall/winter products) :)

19. avgust 2014


Hello my lovelies! Today I thought I'd show you some items that are currently resting on my vanity table and are not really being used. These are my 'fall/winter' products, if you will... Now, I'm really not up to trend and I don't limit myself to specific shades/colors for specific times of the year, but the reality is that I just don't feel like wearing some products when it's hot and humid outside (not that we actually had a proper summer here in Slovenia). :)




When temperatures start to rise and girls start to wear super short pants (*with their buts sticking out*) I normally begin to steer away from heavy/full coverage foundation and just go for my trusty mineral foundation (Lily Lolo is my holy grail). I've been wearing Illamasqua's Skin Base religiously all throughout last winter and a bit in spring as well, so I know I'll be digging it out of my 'stash' again, when temperatures start to drop.

Nail polish is also one of those things I do 'adjust' as the seasons change. I'm not super strict about it and will wear whichever shade I choose, but I normally reach for nudes, pinks, light blues, even yellows when summer sets in. But in the colder months I find myself applying darker and richer shades. Some of my favorites are Ciate's Burlesque and Cabaret - amazing shades for fall/winter.






Something that also changes in my daily routine depending on the season is my perfume of choice. Throughout winter I was obsessed with Illamasqua's Freak and used up the 30 ml bottle I had before purchasing the full size 75 ml one, but when spring faded into summer it just started to feel a bit heavy on me and I started reaching for the lighter perfumes in my collection (like Estee Lauder's Sensuous or Jessica Simpson's Fancy). Another perfume that I really adore wearing in the colder months is Versace Crystal Noir. This one is actually not too heavy and I can pull it off in warmer months as well, but I just don't reach for as often as I do in fall/winter. :)


From L to R: Liz Earle in Raspberry, Elizabeth Arden in Wood Rose Cream, MAC in Plumfull


And last but certainly not least are my fall/winter lipstick shades. From time to time I'll try to pull off a red lip, but most of the time I tend to go for berry-toned lipsticks. Now, seeing the swatches above you're probably thinking that these lipsticks are pretty light and suitable for summer as well, and you're right... but they really are all a bit more berry-toned and do appear darker on my lips than some of the others I have in my collection. I usually go for lighter, brighter and more nude shades in summer. I've recently showed you my top 5 lip products, so go check that post out if you'd like to see what I love wearing at the moment. :)


10 komentarjev:

  1. Odgovori
    1. Ja, zdaj sem sicer čisto v nude odtenkih, ampak se veselim prehoda na takšne, temnejše barve. :D

      Izbriši
  2. Laki so mi vsi všeč :)

    Jaz že vem, da bom jeseni in pozimi spet ves čas nosila Rimmlovo mat šminko 107 :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Aha, za to šminko pa vem, ker si jo že večkrat omenila. Barva je čudovita, samo jaz nisem ravno pristaš mat šmink - nekako mi vse preveč izsušijo ustnice. :S

      Izbriši
  3. Ah, jaz že tudi komaj čakam da začnem nosit temnejše šminke in lake, sploh tega od Essie :D

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Ja, Decadent Dish je še vedno eden od favoritov... :D

      Izbriši
  4. Versace parfumček imave tudi obe z mojo mami in ga nosive ob različnih priložnostih, včasih tudi med toplejšimi meseci, res je omamen!

    Se pa tudi jaz veselim jesenskih trendov in temnejših barv in končno se ne bom svetila po T-coni in bom lahko nosila tudi opaznejši očesni MU, ki se mi je zdaj med vročino itak topil ali pa sem oči skrivala za sončnimi očali in ni bilo poante se nekaj ful truditi z očmi ;P

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Čudovit vonj je tale Crystal Noir ja - intenziven, močan, ampak še vedno nekako svež. :D Nekega pravega poletja ni bilo, da bi se lahko pritoževala, ampak se strinjam, tudi jaz z večjim veseljem nosim makeup v hladnejšem vremenu. :)

      Izbriši